Saturday, February 14, 2009

Givens big night lifts TMA over Environmental Studies NYHoops' Mike Libert

Jason Givens is a 6’3” senior at Thurgood Marshall. “I don’t care about my numbers. I can score 8 points and as long as we win, I am happy” stated Givens about what’s important to him on the basketball court. Well, on Thursday night in Harlem, Givens didn’t have 8 points, but his team won. In a game that Givens said “was the best game I have ever played in my life” he scored 42 points and had 24 rebounds, in which every point and rebound was important as TMA had a dogfight on there hands on the court. Even though the Panthers led for most of the 2nd half, Environmental Studies kept it close the entire way and even had a lead with less than 3 minutes to play, but led by Givens, and the strong play late of Antoine Hackman and Trevor Dillard, the Panthers pulled away late for the 78-71 win.

No comments: